September is a lovely month here on the farm. Keep reading to see what we have for you . . .
Fall raspberries are available u-pick for $1.95/lb, and a couple of times a week ready-picked are available for $39.50/flat. Our pickers do a lovely job, and you will be happy with your flat!
We’re really excited about grapes this year. We planted several varieties a couple of years ago, and this is the first year they are showing a real crop! In season now:
- Seneca – green seedless, aromatic
- Meyer – purple seedless, great flavor; a family heirloom
Coming up soon:
- Elizabeth – purple seeded, with a flavor much like a Concord; nice for juicing
- Purple Flame – red seedless, mild flavor for fresh eating
- Canadice – red seedless, small grapes with tender skin, delicious of course
Grapes are $1.50/lb u-pick, or $1.25/lb for over 20 pounds.
We have roma and slicing tomatoes for u-picking, with some ready-picked available soon.
Green beans from our newest planting are in the farmstand now, and will be available for a couple of weeks.
Pickling cucumbers going strong, and we hope they will produce until the end of the month.
Give us a call at 503-645-1592 for prices on tomatoes, beans & cukes, and to find out what else is going on.
Located 1.7 miles north of Highway 26 on Cornelius Pass Rd.
Open 9 to 5, Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays.
We hope to see you soon!
West Union Gardens
News posted: 7th September 2017