Fruit for Charity week - Sept. 7 to Sept. 12!!!
Bells Orchard is donating 3,000 pounds of apples and pears to local charities. We would also like to donate to individuals in the community who are home bound or could use a helping hand with some delicious fruit.
We will be open Monday from 9-Noon (Labor Day) this week as well as our regular hours on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If you are looking for something fun and worthwhile to do this week we could use your help in two ways:
1. One challenge we face is the manpower to get the fruit picked. If you would be willing to donate enough of your time to pick a box we could donate, we would love it. If you are coming to the orchard to pick some fruit for yourself, please consider picking an extra box for us to donate. Or, if you like, just come pick a box to help someone else.
2. If you have a neighbor, friend, coworker or family member who is in need and could use a little friendly help, pick a box and deliver it to them, our compliments. If you will provide the labor, we will provide the fruit.
The Honeycrisp crop is in its prime right now. This apple is great for eating fresh as well as apple saucing, pie-ing, drying, etc. Don’t miss the opportunity to pick fresh from the tree one of the apple industry all stars.
Those who are willing to scout a little can still find some Bartletts. The Bosc, Comice and Moonglow are plentiful.
The peach season has officially ended at the orchard.
All apples $2.00 per pound
All Pears $1.25 per pound
We accept cash, check, cards and ApplePay
Monday – 9:00 AM to Noon (Labor Day only)
Tuesday - CLOSED
Wednesday - CLOSED
Thursday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Sunday - CLOSED
Please do the following to help everyone remain safe:
• Wear a mask
• Wash hands before picking
• Don’t eat while picking
• Pick what you touch
• Stay at least 6 feet away from others
• Form a line outside when checking out
Bring your own boxes or use ours.
Please no pets
See you at the Red Barn.
Listed below are all our varieties in the order they become ripe.
The items listed in red are currently being picked.
Peaches (all gone for 2020)
Blushing Star(White peach)
Sweet Cap(Donut peach)
Please consider the following when you come to pick.
• Please leave pets at home. No matter how well behaved your pet may be, it is likely that others, particularly children, may be afraid of it. We strive to have a place children feel comfortable and appreciate your help in this way. Please leave pets at home.
• Please pick where directed. There may be fruit in other areas that looks appealing to you. There are many reasons we specify where to pick. Please pick only in the designated picking area for the day. We don’t mind at all if you walk through other areas in the orchard but we ask that you only look when outside of the designated picking area.
• A portable toilet is provided. It is the only appropriate place to use the restroom.
• Your children may notice a play structure and trampoline in our back yard. We are not able to allow customers to utilize these toys.
We encourage you to forward our email to family or friends. Anyone who wants to be added to the email list just needs to send a request to email@example.com. Besides the email list, other ways to know what is available in the orchard is by liking us on Face Book at ‘Bells Orchard’, Instagram @bellsorchard or on our web page at www.bellsorchard.com
We have both u-pick and pre-picked fruit. However, we do not keep picked fruit available in our store. If you would like us to pick fruit for you please call one day ahead to place an order. We will have it ready for you when you come. We add .25 per pound to our u-pick price when we do the picking.
Remember our orchard is “short” so no ladders are needed for picking. Children can reach the fruit and assist in the harvest.
News posted: 5th September 2020