Late summer harvest is on, and it is a good time to visit!
For u-picking at West Union Gardens there are ...
- Fall raspberries through September
- Triple Crown & Chester thornless blackberries (past their peak but still fair picking most days)
- Late-season blueberries, winding down but so sweet!
- Blackeye peas are just right for picking the next several days - fresh blackeyes are such a treat!
- Peppers - sweet gypsy, jalapenos, anaheims
- Eggplants - Japanese and Italian types
- U-pick flowers
It is a good idea to check the daily update at www.westuniongardens.com, or call the day you are planning to come picking, as occasionally we need to close a variety for ripening.
In the farmstand (already picked) we will have some of the above, as well as zucchini & summer squash, onions, garlic, melons, and green beans. Again, product availability varies from day to day, so please get in touch!
Coming up soon we will have lots of table grapes (u-pick). We are waiting for tomatoes to turn color. As much as we have enjoyed this cool and comfortable summer, the tomatoes do not seem to be in a hurry to reach their harvest time.
Until the end of August we are open 8am-8pm Monday-Saturday, closed on Sundays. In September we will be open 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday, closed on Sundays. We will be open on Labor Day.
Call us for more information! We hope to see you soon.
West Union Gardens
News posted: 23rd August 2019