Labor Day and Fall Orchard hours
It is hard to believe it is already Labor day. The summer has passed quickly!
We are not generally open on Monday’s but we WILL be open on Labor Day, Sept. 6 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. After Labor day we begin our Fall hours. During the Fall we are open for our popular evening picking session on Thursdays (4-8PM) and on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00AM-4:00PM.
The apple and pear harvest is in full swing and should last through September. The current varieties are listed below. We had several varieties that did not produce fruit this year. They are noted in our complete variety list at the bottom of the email.
Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, King and Golden Delicious apples are currently available for picking. Some like a variety of apples to include in apple sauce. If that is one of your plans for these delicious apples we have several varieties you can mix. We also have a copy of Bell’s Orchard Apple Recipes you are welcome to pick up when you are at the orchard.
Bartlett, Moonglow, Bosc, Comice and D’Anjou pears are all ripe and available for picking. The Bartlett crop is nearing the end so if you want some of those for canning, you shouldn’t wait much longer. We also have a variety of delicious pear recipes you might want to pick up while at the orchard.
Come to the Red Barn for a great family outing and some delicious fruit.
All apples $2.00 per pound
Bartlett, Moonglow, Asian, D’Anjou and Comice pears $1.00 per pound
We accept cash, checks, cards and ApplePay
Monday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (LABOR DAY ONLY!)
Tuesday - CLOSED
Wednesday - CLOSED
Thursday - 4:00PM to 8:00 PM --- This is our evening picking time if you can’t come during the day.
Friday - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturday - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Sunday - CLOSED
Bring your own boxes or use ours.
Please no pets
Listed below are all our varieties in the order they become ripe.
The items listed in red are currently being picked.
Fuji (No Fuji apples this year)
Jonagold (No Jonagold apples this year)
Gala (No Gala apples this year)
Winesap (No Winesap apples this year)
Peaches (All harvested for 2021)
Blushing Star(White peach)
Sweet Cap(Donut peach)
Please consider the following when you come to pick.
• Please leave pets at home. No matter how well behaved your pet may be, it is likely that others, particularly children, may be afraid of it. We strive to have a place children feel comfortable and appreciate your help in this way. Please leave pets at home.
• Please pick where directed. There may be fruit in other areas that looks appealing to you. There are many reasons we specify where to pick. Please pick only in the designated picking area for the day. We don’t mind at all if you walk through other areas in the orchard but we ask that you only look when outside of the designated picking area.
• A portable toilet is provided. It is the only appropriate place to use the restroom.
We encourage you to forward our email to family or friends. Anyone who wants to be added to the email list just needs to send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Besides the email list, other ways to know what is available in the orchard is by liking us on Face Book at ‘Bells Orchard’ or on our web page at www.bellsorchard.com
We have both u-pick and we-pick fruit. However, we do not keep picked fruit available in our store. If you would like us to pick fruit for you please call one day ahead to place an order. We will have it ready for you when you come. We add .25 per pound to our u-pick price when we do the picking.
Remember our orchard is “short” so no ladders are needed for picking. Children can reach the fruit and assist in the harvest.
• We are asking you to form a line outside when checking out. This allows us to maintain the 6’ indoor social distancing requirement and avoid masks.
• Masks are not required in the orchard but you are certainly free to wear one if you wish.
• A hand washing station is available for your convenience
News posted: 5th September 2021